Snowden made it possible.
Snowden has a strong track record as one of the leading and long standing mining consultancies. Built on a culture of professionalism and flexibility, we provide our staff the opportunity to develop their career and still enjoy a full life outside of work.
Snowden is looking to appoint a qualified Principal Consultant to join the Applied Geosciences Division in Vancouver.
The key responsibilities;
- Deliver to clients consulting services of the highest technical and professional quality.
- Provide internal consultative services for the review of the Division's projects and proposals.
- Present external training courses and provide mentoring on behalf of the Training Division where required.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and mentoring to other members of the Division and advice to other divisions within Snowden.
- Ensure that project and client management meet and exceed client expectations and build strong client relationships.
- Target and generate value-creating opportunities for the global business.
- Undertake appropriate continuing professional development and maintain membership of appropriate professional organisations.
- Deliver keynotes and other public presentations where appropriate to promote the business.
The Qualifications and Experience;
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience. Practical experience in operating mines covering all aspects of geological functions including drilling, sampling, QAQC, grade, dilution and cost control, reconciliation, reporting and liaison with mine engineering and surveying professionals.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with geological modelling, domaining, statistical analyses, variogram analyses, cross-validation and reconciliation.
- Experience with a wide range of grade estimation techniques including ordinary kriging, multiple indicator kriging, co-kriging and conditional simulation.
- Experience with the application of advanced geostatistical methods including simulation, global change of support and uniform conditioning for estimation, risk management and operational.
- A degree in Geology or relevant degree pertaining to the resources industry.
- Extensive experience within the Mining Industry.
- Eligibility to be registered as a P.Geo in BC
The successful candidate
- A professional consultant with a broad professional network in the Americas and a proven successful track record as a business developer who will recognise and develop opportunities to provide the Applied Geosciences team's technical and diversified capabilities to both existing and new clients.
- A proven record for delivery and timely completion of projects within budget
- A good communicator who will strive to build and maintain both good internal and external relationships
- A professional with initiative, innovation, enthusiasm, and creativity.
The role of Principal Consultant is a key position within the Snowden business, if this opportunity interests you, we encourage you to follow the prompts below to apply, or contact Wilamina Falkenhagen- Recruitment Advisor email@example.com.